Tuesday, October 6, 2015

After upgrade to VMware ESXi 5.5 Update 3, snahot level backup failed and VM become unresponse state

Issue:   Recently we have upgraded our ESXi to 5.5 U3 and after that our VADP level backup consolidation failed and caused VM not responding. 


up on checking the logs in found out that after backup the snapshot consolidation tasks failed and 


[vcpu-0| I120: Msg_Post: Error vcpu-0| I120: [msg.log.error.unrecoverable] VMware ESX unrecoverable error: (vcpu-0)
 vcpu-0| I120+ Unexpected signal: 11.
 vcpu-0| I120: [msg.panic.haveLog] A log file is available in "/vmfs/volumes//xxxxx/vmware.log".
 vcpu-0| I120: [msg.panic.requestSupport.withoutLog] You can request  vcpu-0| I120: [msg.panic.requestSupport.vmSupport.vmx86]
 I120+ To collect data to submit to VMware technical support, run   [msg.panic.response] We will respond on the basis of your support entitlement.



escalated the issue to VMware and they have mentioned this is known issue with ESXi 5.5 update 3 as reference KB 2133118  and they are working for the solutions

Work around solution:

revert back the Esxi from upgraded version to previous version. 

for how to revert back, refer to http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1033604


edited: New solution: upgrade to 5.5 U3a  or latest








No comments:

Post a Comment